Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is a trimmed down version of recipe 146435 posted by Fauve. It is great to use up leftovers from a ham and mash potato dinner! Season with salt and pepper to taste or whatever seasonings you prefer.
- 1 1⁄2 cups mashed potatoes (aproximately)
- 1 1⁄2 cups ham (cooked and chopped)
- 1⁄3 cup fat-free cottage cheese
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can Healthy Request cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup crouton, slightly crushed
- 1⁄4 cup skim milk
- 1⁄2 cup fat-free cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup dry breadcrumbs (enough to cover casserole)
- 1⁄4 cup fat-free cheddar cheese, shredded (for topping)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Spray 1.75 qt casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Spread mashed potatoes along bottom of the casserole dish.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, combine ham, cottage cheese, mushroom soup, croutons, milk and 1/2 cup shredded cheese.
- Layer on top of mashed potatoes.
- Sprinkle top of caseerole with 1/4 cup grated cheese and a slight layer of bread crumbs.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes at 350, or until top is nicely brown.
This was a very easy dinner to throw together and we all liked this it! The only thing I would do differently is to add some seasoning. It was nice and rich but still healthy, it just needs a little boost! Made for PRMR tag. Thanks Brooke! :)
This was very popular in my house and there were no leftovers! I made a couple of subs to use up ingredients I already had- hot dogs instead of ham and crushed cornflakes instead of breadcrumbs, both of which worked really well. Next time I'll halve each layer so steps 3 and 5 would be repeated, just to blend the flavours. Thanks for a keeper! Made for Please Review My Recipe.
made it to a tee. It was fantastic. Will make it again