Cook1 hr 15 mins
I've been trying to get this recipe right FOREVER but I haven't been able to worm my way into the kitchen at Bonefish Grill just yet. They lie to me like the worst of ex-boyfriends. This is as close as I got, help me out here! It's a great recipe, just not quite the real deal. Reviews TOTALLY welcome.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs shrimp
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons huy fong chili-garlic sauce
- 1 tablespoon Thai sweet chili sauce
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice (about 1/2 lemon)
- 3⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- peanut oil
- 1 head iceberg lettuce
- 1⁄2 cup green onion
- Clean & devein shrimp.
- Soak shrimp in buttermilk for 1 hour (in fridge).
- Chop head of lettuce by 1/8" lengths & chill.
- Finely chop green onions.
- Heat Peanut Oil at Medium (~375 degrees).
- Combine cornstarch, cayenne, garlic powder & onion powder.
- Combine mayonaisse, chili garlic sauce, sweet chili sauce, & lemon juice in large bowl.
- Dredge shrimp in cornstarch mixture.
- Fry in Peanut oil for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove & drain on paper towels.
- Add shrimp to mayonaisse mix & toss to coat.
- Serve over chilled bed of lettuce & sprinkle green onions on top.