Bang Bang Shrimp Sandwich With Slaw
- Ready In:
- 1 quart canola oil
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄3 cup Thai sweet chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili-garlic sauce
- 3 cups shredded red cabbage
- 1 cup grated carrot
- 3 teaspoons sugar
- 2 limes, juiced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 lbs small shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 4 brioche buns, toasted
- 2 scallions, sliced
- kosher salt
- Heavy pot for frying or table top fryer.
- In a medium heavy pot, heat oil to 375 degrees F. In a small bowl, whisk to combine mayonnaise, Thai sweet chili sauce and chili garlic sauce. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine cabbage, carrots, sugar, lime juice and olive oil. Season to taste with salt.
- Working in batches, in a medium bowl, toss to combine shrimp with cornstarch, coating completely. Fry the shrimp until golden and crisp, about 1-2 minutes. Remove from oil and drain on a towel-lined plate, then place shrimp in a bowl and toss to combine with the sauce.
- Spoon cabbage slaw onto bottom of bun and top with shrimp. Sprinkle with scallions.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hungry for good food AND great conversation? Food.com boasts a smorgasbord of over 500,000 recipes and a community-inspired activity feed that allows our users to add reviews, tweaks, questions and photos to their favorite recipes. Grab a plate and join the fun!