Bang Bang Shrimp Pasta
photo by sheshaunaharris
- Ready In:
- 1 lb thin spaghetti or 1 lb angel hair pasta
- 1 1⁄2 lbs medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil (can use olive oil instead) (optional)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 teaspoons paprika
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper (or to taste)
For the Sauce
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise or 1/2 cup light mayonnaise, to lower calories
- 1⁄2 cup Thai sweet chili sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Mix the sauce ingredients together in a bowl and set aside.
- In a large pot of boiling water, cook the pasta and drain well.
- Place the uncooked shrimp in a medium sized bowl and add the paprika, 3 cloves of garlic, pepper.
- Heat the coconut oil on medium high heat and add the coated uncooked shrimp. Stir constantly while cooking until pink for approximately 7- 10 minutes.
- Add the cooked, drained pasta to the shrimp.
- Add the sauce mixture and toss for a quick minute. Turn off the heat.
- Garnish with parsley and serve immediately.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I made this dish according to the directions and it was wonderful!... The next time I make it I'm going to add 1/4 tsp of red pepper flakes to up the heat but other than that the recipe is awesome! I also used Jumbo Shrimp and half a pound of regular spaghetti noodles. It still turned out delicious!...