Recipe by Inge 1505
I only recently ate peaches in a salad and was instantly hooked. Here is a version of my own.
Top Review by Chicagoland Chef du Jour
LOVED, loved, loved this salad. I used nectarines in place of peaches and romaine lettuce, olive oil and used all other ingredients. The raspberry vinegar is a must as is the mint and goat cheese. Do not leave them out! This is company and everyday worthy, love it! Thanks for sharing Inge.
For the salad
- 12 cups red leaf lettuce, torn into bite-sized pieces
- 1 medium peach
- 2 tablespoons walnuts, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup basil, slightly packed
- 2 leaves of fresh mint, cut into fine strips
- 1 -2 ounce fresh goat cheese (optional)
For the dressing
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons raspberry vinegar (or other fruity vinegar)
- 1 teaspoon sugar (or more, to taste)
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons walnut oil (or olive oil)
- 1 pinch pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- If you have time, toast walnuts over medium heat until fragant or use as they are.
- Wash lettuce and spin dry. Put in a large salad bowl.
- Wash and dry peach. Cut in 1/4 inch wedges from pit and add to lettuce.
- Tear basil into 1/2 inch pieces, sprinkle over peach.
- If using cheese for additional color and flavor, crumble over salad.
- Top salad with walnuts and mint leaves.
- For dressing whisk together all ingredients except oil until well blended. Add oil, mix well and taste for a nice slightly sour balance, there will be sweetness from the peach.
- Pour dressing over salad and mix at the table.