1/2 Photos of Lemony Couscous
Inspired by Sackville Girl's recipe for Lemon Couscous, but different enough to post another recipe. I've allowed for standing time in the cooking time. Omit the butter and add additonal oil for a vegan dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 red onion, finely sliced
- 1/2 cup finely sliced green bell pepper
- 1/4 cup currants
- 1/2 preserved lemon, rinsed,finely sliced
- 1/2 cup jarred marinated roasted red pepper
- 250 g couscous
- 1 teaspoon vegetable stock powder
- 450 ml boiling water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 tablespoons chopped lemon thyme
- 1Heat the oil in a pan over medium heat.
- 2Add the onion and cook until just softened, not coloured.
- 3Add the green pepper and saute until it turns a bright green.
- 4Add the currants, lemon, roasted red pepper, couscous and stockpowder and combine well.
- 5Remove from heat.
- 6Pour over the boiling water and stir again.
- 7Cover and allow to stand for 3-5 minutes or until water is absorbed and couscous has swelled.
- 8Add the butter and stir over a very low heat for a further 2-3 minutes.
- 9Stir through the lemon thyme and serve at once.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemony Couscous
Serving Size: 1 (343 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 727.7
- Calories from Fat 183
- Total Fat 20.4 g
- Saturated Fat 5.6 g
- Cholesterol 15.2 mg
- Sodium 553.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 118.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.4 g
- Sugars 15.3 g
- Protein 17.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
vegetable stock powder