Recipe by **Jubes**
A great scone recipe using gluten free flour and lemonade. Use a good flour blend- the better the mix the better the scones. Also do not overmix as it will make a heavy scone (what my Dad calls a "doorstopper" ). This is an Australian recipe and uses bubbley lemonade soda/soft drink- not the traditional lemonade made on real lemons and sugar. I use "Orgran" brand flour for this recipe. After the first review on this recipe, I have made the scones again. The oven temperature is correct and the recipe worked fine. I have posted some photos now. Similar recipes on this site also use the same oven temperature. I have recently had the temperature on my oven tested and corrected. The temperature stated in this recipe is correct. You could use a lower temp and cook for longer. The quick cooking gives a firm outer layer and a beautiful soft steamy centre- perfect straight from the oven
- 3 cups gluten free self-raising flour
- 1 cup thickened cream (do not use light cream)
- 1 cup lemonade (like 7 Up or Schweppes)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 230°C (or 210°C if using a fan-forced oven). A hot oven is called for in this recipe.
- Mix all ingredients together until just combined.
- Place on a lightly floured surface and lightly roll or press the dough out to about 1 inch( 2.5cm) high.
- Cut with a scone cutter and place on a lightly greased baking tray (or you can use a good quality baking paper). Place the scones close together. Lightly brush the top of scones with a little milk.
- Bake 10 -15 minutes on the top shelf of the oven.
- Serve warm with jam and cream or butter and honey.