Recipe by PaulaG
Cooking for 2? This is the recipe for you. I have also doubled it for 4. It is elegant and light. Have no clue where I got the original recipe. I have had it for a very long time.
Top Review by Chef Crystal Cooks
MMMMMMMmmm was this ever good! We enjoyed it very much. We had with some baked pita wedges and my DH just about inhaled his plate! He gives it 5 stars and I do too. It's a winner all the way to the table! Thanks Paula!
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 ounces shrimp, deveined and sliced in half lengthwise
- 1⁄2 cup frozen green pea, thawed
- 1⁄3 cup coarsely shredded carrot
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon processed light cream cheese
- 2 cups cooked farfalle pasta, cooked without added salt (bow tie pasta) or 2 cups fat (bow tie pasta)
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated fresh lemon rind
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- fresh chives (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray.
- Add oil and place over medium-high heat until hot.
- Add minced garlic and saute 15 seconds.
- Add shrimp and saute until pink.
- Add peas and carrot.
- Saute 1 minute, remove from skillet and set aside.
- Add broth and cream cheese to skillet; cook over medium-high heat 3 minutes or until cheese melts, stirring constantly with a wire whisk.
- Stir in shrimp mixture, farfalle, and next 4 ingredients.
- Cook 1 minute.
- If desired, garnish with chives.