Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 40 mins
The raspberry sauce is what makes this dessert the best!
Make and share this Lemon-Raspberry Pound Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄4 cups seedless raspberry jam
- 1 1⁄2 cups whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons raspberry liqueur
- 1⁄2 cup seedless raspberry jam
- 2 cups butter or 2 cups margarine, softened
- 2 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 8 eggs
- 3 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons lemon extract
- Over medium heat, melt jam in a small saucepan.
- Once melted, remove from heat and slowly whisk in whipping cream then raspberry liqueur.
- Place sauce in an airtight container and chill.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a small mixing bowl, add 1/2 cup seedless raspberry jam and with an electric mixer blend until smooth; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream toether butter and suger.
- Slowly add one egg at a time.
- Beating well after each egg is added.
- In a sifter, combine flour, baking powder and salt.
- Sift into a medium mixing bowl.
- Now add dry ingredients to creamed butter mixture.
- Beat with a mixer until well blended.
- Beat in lemon juice and lemon extract.
- Grease a 10 inch tube pan with removable bottom.
- Pour in half of cake batter.
- With a spoon, place half of the jam on top of batter.
- Do this one more time with remaining batter and jam.
- Gently swirl the batter with a butter knife by pulling up and folding over.
- Don't go over board.
- Bale for i hour and 25 minutes to 1 hour and 40 minutes.
- Check cake for doneness by insterting a toothpick in center of cake.
- If it comes out clean, the cake is done.
- Cool cake in pan for 15 minutes.
- Slowly run a butter knife around edge of cake and then remove from pan.
- Don't take off bottom yet until cake is cooled completely.
- Before serving, place about 2 Tablespoons of the raspberry sauce on dessert plate topped with a slice of cake.