Lemon-Raspberry Cornmeal Cake
photo by Megohm
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 1 cup fresh raspberry
- 1 1⁄4 cups buttermilk
- 1⁄3 cup melted butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease an 8 or 9" skillet.
- In a large bowl, combine all dry ingredients, as well as lemon zest and raspberries.
- In another medium bowl, beat the eggs slightly, add buttermilk and melted butter, and mix well.
- Pour wet mixture into dry, and stir just until moistened.
- Let sit 5 minutes, then pour into skillet.
- Pour 1 Tbsp cream (any kind) over top, and place in oven.
- Bake 35 minutes or until top is crackly, golden brown, and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Great served with a dollop of vanilla yogurt.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Culinary school drop-out (happy cook)! My name is Meg, as my public name might suggest, and I'm 20 years old. So far, I've been a cook my whole life, at home and in restaurants, working as a Baker's Assistant right now. I was raised in a commercial bakery and general store as well run by my aunt and mom. I'm engaged to an amazing guy, who I met in high school in a restaurant prep course. We both went to college for Culinary Arts/Chef Training, but neither found the program very satisfying. As it stands, we're both happiest cooking, so long as it's not in a kitchen lab. I've been nosing around 'Zaar since I was about 13 or 14, and it's been a huge source of learning for me, back when I didn't even know what a roux was, haha. If you've seen me around before, I'm the former SugarMegnolia. Also, I write a blog, however, I'm not always the best at keeping up with it, but try to put in my best effort whenever I get around to writing. The link is here, please give it a quick look-see!