Watermelon Mint Granita
- Ready In:
- 8hrs 15mins
Mint Simple Syrup
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup sugar
- of fresh mint, stems on, to taste
- 1 watermelon
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- simple syrup
- fresh mint leaves, to taste
- In a medium saucepan add the water, sugar and mint leaves and bring to a boil. Once the sugar has dissolved, turn off the heat and let the simple syrup cool.
- Remove the rind from the watermelong and cut the watermelon into chunks.
- In a blender add the watermelon, lime juice, mint leaves and cooled simple syrup. Puree it all together.
- Pour the mixture into a baking dish and freeze for at least 8 hours.
- Once frozen, take a fork and scrape the frozen mixture to create the granita texture.
- Serve and enjoy!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a wife, another a friend, a musician, and a self proclaimed chef.?I don't stick to the same "old" recipes (although some are just too good to give up), I love to try new recipes.? My mom is a great cook and her love was passed on to me!