Old Fashioned Lemon Pound Cake
- Ready In:
- 1hr 30mins
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix cooking oil (Crisco works best), sugar, margarine(Can't believe it's not butter works best), eggs, vanilla and lemon flavoring together in a large mixing bowl with mixer on medium speed. Tip: when adding eggs, add two then mix, add two more then mix, add last one and mix.
- In separate bowl, mix flour and baking powder together and set aside (can use whisk to mix).
- Slowly add flour/baking powder mixture in with the wet mixture. Tip: Add a little flour mixture and a little milk, repeat until all milk and flour mix has been added. This helps to keep batter texture thick and smooth.
- Spray (Baker's Joy works best) or batter bunt/tube pan thoroughly.
- Pour batter mixture in bunt/tube pan. Place in preheated oven and bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Cake is done when cake tester comes out clean.
- GOD BLESS <><.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Mother of 2 and a dog. I Love Jesus and go to New Spring Community Church. See www.newspring.cc to check it out. I am an HR assistant at a local mfg. company. I LOVE my wonderful husband of 19 years, my children and dog. I also LOVE MUSIC especially the New Spring Church Band. Really, check it out www.newspring.cc. If you are ever in Anderson, SC look us up. We'd love to have you as our guest! Sonja