Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a healthy muffin with a light citrus flavour to it and it’s a great way to use poppy seeds. The batter does not require eggs so it can be made into a tasty vegan recipe as well! You can always switch it up and leave out the poppy seeds and replace it with 1 and a half of fresh blueberries. Or put a teaspoon of raspberrie jam in the centre for a special surprise.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 lemons, zest of
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup milk (or soy milk)
- 1⁄3 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon white distilled vinegar
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- Preheat oven to 400 F or 200C and lighty grease muffin tin.
- In a medium size bowl combine dry ingredients (flour, baking soda, salt,lemon zest, poppy seeds).
- In a larger bowl combine sugar, milk, oil, vanilla extract, and vinegar.
- Then gentaly fold the flour mixture into the wet ingredients.
- Fill tins two-thirds full. Bake muffins for 20 minutes till golden ontop and toothpick comes out clean.