This is a healthy muffin with a light citrus flavour to it and it’s a great way to use poppy seeds. The batter does not require eggs so it can be made into a tasty vegan recipe as well! You can always switch it up and leave out the poppy seeds and replace it with 1 and a half of fresh blueberries. Or put a teaspoon of raspberrie jam in the centre for a special surprise.
- Preheat oven to 400 F or 200C and lighty grease muffin tin.
- In a medium size bowl combine dry ingredients (flour, baking soda, salt,lemon zest, poppy seeds).
- In a larger bowl combine sugar, milk, oil, vanilla extract, and vinegar.
- Then gentaly fold the flour mixture into the wet ingredients.
- Fill tins two-thirds full. Bake muffins for 20 minutes till golden ontop and toothpick comes out clean.