Lemon Poppy Seed Breakfast Muffins
- Ready In:
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box lemon cake mix (I used Duncan Hines)
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) box instant lemon pudding
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine all ingredients and beat for 2 minutes on high speed.
- Spray 15 regular size muffin holes with vegetable spray, or line with muffin liners.
- Pour equal amounts of batter into muffin holes.
- Make sure you put water into the unused muffin holes for even baking.
- Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes.
Join The Conversation
Great recipe! The muffins turned out very light, airy, and fluffly. While I prefer denser muffins, my fiance loved them. I used the full 2 tbsp. of poppy seed and did not think it was too much at all. Because my fiance is diabetic I tried to reduce the sugar content by using 1 box of Jell-O sugar-free/fat free lemon pudding and it seemed to work out fine (please note the sugarfree pudding boxes contain only 1oz.). <br/>Thank you for sharing! <br/>My fia