Our favourite fish recipe from Johanna Burkard (author of The Comfort Food Cookbook, 300/400 Best Comfort Food Recipes - my favourite cookbooks). I often use steelhead trout instead of the salmon, chives instead of the green onions and bottled ginger instead of the fresh but never omit the lemon juice and zest, or the sesame oil.
- Chop green onions. Reserve green tops for garnish.
- In a bowl, combine white part of onions, ginger root, garlic, soy sauce, lemon juice, lemon zest, sugar and sesame oil.
- Place salmon fillets in a single layer in a shallow baking dish. Pour marinade over; let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes or in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Bake, uncovered, for 13-15 minutes or until salmon turns opaque.
- Garnish with reserved green onions. Sesame seeds also make a nice garnish.
- Salmon could be grilled or microwaved instead of baking in the oven.
easy, quick and healthy! doesn't get any better I believe :) thank you.
I thought this was delicious! I didn't have any sesame oil, so I used olive oil and it was fine. I really liked the fact that you marinate the fish in the same dish you bake it in. I did the "15 minute" marinate time (only it was probably in there 22 or so while the oven heated) and it took only 15 minutes to bake. Came out lovely. Thanks!
My family really liked this salmon, it is a very easy recipe. I used half a lemon for the juice, DD thought it was quite lemony. I grated some of the ginger and cut the rest into matchsticks. I used a salmon filet (one side) it took about 18 minutes to cook.