1/1 Photo of Lemon Ginger Salmon
Our favourite fish recipe from Johanna Burkard (author of The Comfort Food Cookbook, 300/400 Best Comfort Food Recipes - my favourite cookbooks). I often use steelhead trout instead of the salmon, chives instead of the green onions and bottled ginger instead of the fresh but never omit the lemon juice and zest, or the sesame oil.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Chop green onions. Reserve green tops for garnish.
- 2In a bowl, combine white part of onions, ginger root, garlic, soy sauce, lemon juice, lemon zest, sugar and sesame oil.
- 3Place salmon fillets in a single layer in a shallow baking dish. Pour marinade over; let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes or in the fridge for 1 hour.
- 4Preheat oven to 425°F.
- 5Bake, uncovered, for 13-15 minutes or until salmon turns opaque.
- 6Garnish with reserved green onions. Sesame seeds also make a nice garnish.
- 7Salmon could be grilled or microwaved instead of baking in the oven.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon Ginger Salmon
Serving Size: 1 (341 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 392.9
- Calories from Fat 109
- Total Fat 12.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 165.3 mg
- Sodium 514.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 64.0 g