Recipe by Lille
Our favourite fish recipe from Johanna Burkard (author of The Comfort Food Cookbook, 300/400 Best Comfort Food Recipes - my favourite cookbooks). I often use steelhead trout instead of the salmon, chives instead of the green onions and bottled ginger instead of the fresh but never omit the lemon juice and zest, or the sesame oil.
- 4 salmon fillets
- 2 green onions
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh gingerroot, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Chop green onions. Reserve green tops for garnish.
- In a bowl, combine white part of onions, ginger root, garlic, soy sauce, lemon juice, lemon zest, sugar and sesame oil.
- Place salmon fillets in a single layer in a shallow baking dish. Pour marinade over; let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes or in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Bake, uncovered, for 13-15 minutes or until salmon turns opaque.
- Garnish with reserved green onions. Sesame seeds also make a nice garnish.
- Salmon could be grilled or microwaved instead of baking in the oven.