Lemon Pepper & Mustard Baked Ahi / Mahi Mahi / Salmon
This is a good simple baking recipe for any fish. Good for summer cooking, This could also be grilled rather than baked.
- Ready In:
- 1 whole lemon, juice of
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 10 ounces fresh mahi mahi
- 1⁄2 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tablespoon honey (maple syrup if not available)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce (optional)
- 1 scallion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Preheat oven to 375 deg F.
- Heat butter in small skillet on medium heat.
- Add garlic and heat for 1 minute.
- Add honey, worcestershire and mustard, cook for an additional minute.
- Add lemon juice and allow to cool in refrigerator for 10 minutes, or until mixture is thick.
- Chop scallions and basil.
- Cut fish into 2oz portions.
- Pinch a piece of foil so that it has four raised edges to trap the sauce.
- Arrange fish on oiled/greased aluminum foil.
- Spread all of sauce mixture over top of each portion.
- Top sparingly with basil and scalions.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper.
- Roast in oven for 10-15 minutes, depending on thickness of fish (15 minutes per inch thickness for fully cooked), or until desired. If using Ahi, I prefer to cook for 10 minites to allow inside to remain raw.
- Pour excess baked sauce over fish.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This was okay, but next time I will change it some. This time I followed the recipe exactly, but found the lemon to be overpowering and the whole dish too tart for my taste. Next time I might double the honey or halve the lemon juice. Otheriwse, I liked the combination of flavors, the balance just wasn't right for me. Made with mahi mahi.Reply
Delicious -- a real keeper. I used frozen Mahi Mahi fillets and it was great. In spite of the fact I like to follow recipes as closely as possible the first time around, I couldn't do it -- no fresh basil, no scallions, no time to get 'em. It was delicious anyway, and will probably be even better when I make sure I have all the ingredients!Reply
see 16 more