Honey - Mustard Baked Chicken
photo by Baby Kato
- Ready In:
- 3 lbs chicken pieces (breasts, thighs and drumsticks)
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1⁄3 cup brown mustard
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons honey
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Rinse chicken; pat dry.
- Skin chicken, if desired.
- Place chicken in a lightly greased shallow baking pan.
- Bake in 425°F oven for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, stir together mustard, soy sauce, and honey in a small bowl.
- Turn chicken pieces over and brush mixture generously over chicken pieces.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes more or till chicken is tender and no longer pink, Turning pieces and brushing frequently with mustard mixture.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
We really enjoyed the chicken prepared this way Teresa. It was very yummy, tender, juicy and full of flavor. Made as written but used a Old fashioned Dijon (all I had in the house), it worked beautifully with the recipe. The seeds gave a nice burst of additional mustard flavor. Thank you for sharing a recipe we will enjoy again. Made for Went to Market tag game.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>? Hi! My name is Teresa.? My husband and I like to take RV trips but it seems lately we just us it for vintage motorcross races. I enjoy hiking, snowshoeing, have done some rock climbing but age is creeping up on my poor old bones. Anything to do with the outdoors I enjoy, so why do I live in rainy Washington state? We have 2 wonderful children, both grown. My son lives in LA and my daughter and her husband recently moved back in the area with their little boy...our grandson... who just turned?5 years old. We have a granddaughter who lives close by...she just turned 23 this year. She's a sweetheart.? Life is good when you have a son and a?daughter and they?gift?you with a granddaughter and grandson. :)??</p>