Lemon Garlic Salmon
Quick, simple yet elegant. Use real butter to acquire the best flavor. Serve with lemon wedges and a sprig of parsley. Adapted from Allrecipes.
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 2 (4 ounce) salmon fillets
- 1 lemon
- lemon wedge
- Sprinkle salmon fillets on both sides with lemon pepper.
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium high heat; watch carefully not to burn.
- Stir in garlic.
- Place salmon in pan.
- Cook for 10 minutes per inch of thickness, or until fish flakes when tested with a fork.
- Flip fillets halfway through cooking to brown on both sides.
- Sprinkle with lemon juice before serving.
- Serve with lemon wedges and a sprig of parsley.
- Serves 2.
- **If you do not have lemon pepper available, use a little fresh lemon zest mixed with freshly ground black pepper as an alternative.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
I used skin on salmon and cooked in a garlic butter mix I had in the freezer with a little olive oil and the lemon pepper with the skin side down first to get a nice crispy texture for about 7 minutes and then about 3 to 4 minutes on the other side to finish cooking through. Simple but fantastic flavours that meld well together. Thank you Bev for a great recipe and to Annacia for recommending it it in I Recommend Tag game.
Simple, yet delicious! This is yet another of the recipes that affirm the fact that long lists of ingredients and complicated details do not necessarily make for the perfect gourmet meal. This recipe is quite the opposite, yet is as delicious as one could hope for. It would be perfect for the beginning chef who really wants to impress. I served this with Recipe #307118, along with a simple tossed salad. A glass of wine, a decadent chocolate dessert, a candlelit table, soft music, and a couple in love would certainly make for the perfect romantic dinner. Thanks so much, Bev. I know I can count on you for a great recipe. ~Sue