Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
A lowfat marinated broiled chicken. Great with rice! Three hour marinating time not included in prep time. From Betty Crocker's New Choices Cookbook.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons dried dill weed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cloves finely chopped garlic
- Mix all ingredients except chicken in a dish.
- Add the chicken, and turn to coat with the marinade.
- Cover and refrigerate 3 hours at the least, but no more than 24.
- Set oven on broil.
- Spray a broiler pan with nonstick spray.
- Lift the chicken out of the marinade, reserve the marinade.
- Put the chicken in the pan.
- Broil the chicken 5-7 inches from heat for 7 minutes, then turn and brush with marinade.
- Cook another 7 minutes or until juices run clear.
This was very good. I didn't bake it though. i grilled it instead since I LOVE to grill as much as I possibly can and i used this as a marinade on fish and chicken. It turned out great! The dill in this is wonderful. Thank you.
My husband loved this! I didn't read the directions that well becuase I put it in the oven. I used chicken thighs and it turned out great. Smelled yummy while it was cooking. Thanks for a great chicken recipe!
We really enjoyed this. I used boneless chicken thighs since I had them on hand. I had a mental issue about marinating in only lemon juice so I added a bit of olive oil to it. I didn't measure anything and used LOTS of dill since we love it. I didn't feel like chopping the onion so I didn't use it. The chicken marinated for about 10 hours. Your cooking times were right on too. I served this with a green salad with a honey/lemon/dill dressing and noodles with just a little butter and sour cream on them. This would be great with rice or cous cous too. Asparagus would have been nice since these flavors work well with it. I'll be making this again. Thanks for posting it.