Fresh Strawberry Pie
photo by Bay Laurel
- Ready In:
- 1 baked pie crust
- 1 1⁄2 quarts strawberries, hulled
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- In small bowl, mash enough strawberries to measure 1 cup.
- In 2-quart saucepan, mix sugar and cornstarch.
- Gradually stir in 1/2 cup water and mashed strawberries.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens and boils.
- Boil and stir 1 minute; cool.
- In medium bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Spread evenly in pie crust. Top with remaining strawberries. Pour cooked strawberry mixture over top. Refrigerate until set, about 3 hours. Store in refrigerator.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I've noticed plenty of members are animal lovers. That helps me feel right at home. I have 3 cats that I could tell stories about all day.. <br />My daughter is 9 and never know what to expect when it comes to meal time unless she put in a special request. <br />I love cooking new things all the time since I get bored fairly quickly. Of course there are those recipes that I can't get out of my head and I make them over and over. <br />Following directions is very difficult for me so I use recipes as guidelines and that is it. If something really works for me, I post it. <br />A lot of my favorite recipes are copy cat. I would much rather make something I love from a restaurant than actually go. <br />I make Alice Springs Chicken monthly and Cottage Cheese pancakes at least 4 times a month. Those two recipes will never get old in this house. <br />If I'm taking pictures of my freshly made food, my DD knows she's gonna be trying something new. She doesn't always appreciate it but she is not starving. <br />Enjoy!! <br /><img src=http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg271/MrsTeny/Permanent%20Collection/PACSpring09Participation.jpg alt= /> <br /><img src=http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg271/MrsTeny/Permanent%20Collection/PACSpring09Iwasadopted.jpg alt= /> <br /><img src=http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j166/ZaarNicksMom/Animation6.gif alt= /> <br /> <br /><img src=http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j166/ZaarNicksMom/PACsticker-Adopted.jpg alt= /> <br /><img src=http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b2/kiwidutch/my3chefs2009final-1.jpg alt= /> <br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/Holiday-plaid_HPI.gif border=0 alt=Photobucket /> <br /><img src=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v726/annacia/Permanent%20Banners/snow-queens-sm.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket /></p>