1 hr 38 mins
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 pinch allspice
- 3 ounces unsalted butter, melted (3/4 stick)
- 1 lemon, rind of
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 cup cream-style cottage cheese or 3/4 cup ricotta cheese
- 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1Crust: mix together the crust ingredients; turn the mixture into a 9-inch pie plate; using your fingertips, distribute the mixture evenly and loosely over the sides first and then the bottom.
- 2Then press the crust firmly and evenly on the sides, pushing it up from the bottom a bit to form a rim slightly (barely) higher than the edge of the pie plate.
- 3After pressing the sides and top edge firmly, press the remaining crumbs evenly and firmly over the bottom; bake for 8 minutes at 375°, then cool to room temperature.
- 4Filling: place oven rack in the middle of the oven; preheat to 350°.
- 5In a small bowl, mix rind and juice; set aside.
- 6In a food processor fitted with the metal chopping blade, process cottage cheese or ricotta cheese until it is as smooth as honey (it takes a full minute in a processor).
- 7In the small bowl of an electric mixer beat the cream cheese until it is perfectly smooth.
- 8Add the smooth cottage cheese and beat to mix.
- 9Then add the sugar, vanilla, and the eggs one at a time, scraping the bowl with a rubber spatula and beating until smooth after each addition.
- 10When the filling is perfectly smooth, remove the bowl from the mixer; stir in the lemon rind and juice, and pour filling into prepared crust.
- 11Bake for 30 minutes; remove from oven and cool completely.
- 12Topping: in a chilled bowl with chilled beaters, whip the whipping cream until it holds a firm shape when the beaters are raised.
- 13In another bowl, stir the sour cream until it is soft and smooth; stir in the sugar.
- 14Then gently fold in the sour cream and whipped cream together.
- 15Just pile the topping loosely on top of the pie, letting some of the filling show around the edges.
- 16Refrigerate for at least a few hours.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon Cream Cheese Pie
Serving Size: 1 (172 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 691.9
- Calories from Fat 461
- Total Fat 51.2 g
- Saturated Fat 29.4 g
- Cholesterol 212.8 mg
- Sodium 372.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 40.3 g
- Protein 10.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemons, rind of