Recipe by x_Gaz
these are best with a blueberry sauce.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
There were ingredients listed that I don't usually have, but my DIL was good enough to help me out there (soymilk & soy yogurt)! This recipes makes for a very nice tasting stack of waffles, & we particularly enjoyed the lemon flavor in the waffles! [Tagged, made & reviewed in Zaar Chef Alphabet Soup tag]
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour, plus
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup cornmeal
- 1⁄4 cup corn oil or 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups soymilk
- 1⁄4 cup soy yogurt
- 2 lemons, juice and zest of
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- preheat waffle iron according to the manufacturer's directions.
- sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cornmeal in a large mixing bowl.
- in a med-sized bowl, mix together the oil, soy milk, yogurt, lemon juice, and sugar until well-combined.
- make waffles according to the directions on the iron.
- serve with blueberry sauce.