Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
If you like lemon, you'll love these!
Make and share this Lemon Coconut Bars recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350°F degrees.
- Lightly grease a 13x9 baking pan; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour& powdered sugar; cut in margarine with pastry blender until crumbly.
- Press mixture into bottom of prepared 13x9 pan & bake for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile in a large bowl, combine eggs, sugar, baking powder & lemon juice.
- Pour over crust and top with coconut.
- Bake 20 minutes or until golden.
- Cool completely & cut into bars.
- Store in refrigerator.
- NOTE: For plain lemon bars, omit coconut & add 3 Tbsp flour to egg mixture, and proceed as above.
SO GOOD!!! I love lemon and these are truly packed with lemon flavor. The coconut adds a nice touch, I really liked it in these bars. I used the lemon concentrate, it worked great. SO easy to make!! Done in about 35 minutes. I will keep this one in my tried and true file!! Thanks Mary!
This was so simple and quick to make and tasted delicious! I brought them to work to share and everybody thought they were as good as I did. Instead of lemon concentrate, I used the juice of four fresh lemons, and that worked fine.
My Husband is a Lemon and Coconut person and He said these were EXCELLENT!!! I am always looking for simple and easy recipes and this was great..It took me about 35 min. and did it while I was doing other things. Thank you !! Of course none to share...he will hide them unless I hide from him first...