Lemon Coconut Bars With Cream Cheese Frosting
These are the easiest! They are the most lemony, moist, and light tasting bars! I am not a cake fan, but they fall somewhere between a cake and a bar. And who doesn't love cream cheese frosting!
- Ready In:
- 16 ounces angel food cake mix
- 1 (22 ounce) can lemon pie filling
- 1 cup shredded coconut (finely shredded)
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 2 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- lemon zest, optional for garnish (optional)
- Bar: In mixing bowl, combine cake mix, pie filling, and coconut. Stir until thoroughly mixed (do not add liquid, will be thick). Spread this mixture in a 10x15 inch baking pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes in a preheated 350 degree oven. Cool thoroughly.
- Frosting: Combine all ingredients until well blended. Frost the bars. Garnish with zest. You may not need all of the frosting. Cover and refrigerate overnight for better flavoring.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION