1/1 Photo of Lemon Chicken Orzo Soup
Chef #1325382's Note:
This is a Cooking Light recipe I modified. I substituted store-bought rotisserie chicken and chicken stock in place of making my own. I serve this with some grated Romano cheese on top.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 9 cups chicken stock
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 1/3 cups carrots, chopped
- 1 1/3 cups onions, chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 rotisserie-cooked chicken, shredded (about 3 cups)
- 8 ounces orzo pasta, uncooked
- 1/4 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 2 1/2 teaspoons lemon rind, grated
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, coarsely cracked (optional)
- 1/4 cup romano cheese, grated (optional)
- 11. Heat olive oil in a large dutch oven.
- 22. Add carrot, onion, celery, garlic, thyme, lemon rind and salt. Saute over medium heat until vegetables begin to soften.
- 33. Add chicken stock and lemon juice. Bring to a boil.
- 44. Add chicken and orzo. Simmer until orzo is cooked thru.
- 55. Just before serving add parsley. Garnish with black pepper and Romano cheese.
Browse Our Top Clear Soup Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon Chicken Orzo Soup
Serving Size: 1 (449 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 555.0
- Calories from Fat 181
- Total Fat 20.1 g
- Saturated Fat 5.2 g
- Cholesterol 98.5 mg
- Sodium 1410.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 10.1 g
- Protein 42.1 g