Instant Pot Lemon Chicken Orzo Soup
It's lemony, it's creamy and a winner your guests will enjoy.
- Ready In:
- 1 tablespoon grapeseed oil
- 1 lb chicken, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 cups carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup uncooked orzo pasta
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 cup frozen spinach
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1. Start the instant pot in SAUTE mode and heat it. Add oil, onions and garlic. Stir and sauté for 2 minutes.
- 2. Add chicken and mix with the onions. Spread them in the pot and let them sauté for 3 minutes.
- 3. Add carrots, celery, orzo, salt, pepper and broth. Stir well. Press Cancel and close the lid with vent in sealing position.
- 4. Set the instant pot on Pressure cook mode at high pressure for 6 minutes.
- 5. When the instant pot beeps, quick release the pressure manually. Open lid and stir the soup. Remove bay leaf and rosemary sprig.
- 6. Stir in spinach lemon juice until spinach is mixed in the soup. Press Sauté and let the soup come to a quick boil in about a minute; stir in the cream.
- 7. Soup is ready to be served. Offer shredded Parmesan when serving this creamy lemony soup.
- If you are making this soup ahead; DO NOT add cream; do this only after you have reheated your soup and are ready to serve it.
- Cooking time does not include the time needs to reheat and cool down the Instant Pot.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
see 1 more