1/1 Photo of Lemon Blackberry Cake
Simple, easy and very pretty! A very dense, moist, rich cake, packed with lemon flavor!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box lemon cake mix
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) box instant lemon pudding
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, I used concentrate
- 2/3-1 cup blackberry jam (for 8 " or 9 inches layer cake)
- 2 (1 lb) cans lemon frosting
- 1 pint fresh blackberries, for garnish (optional)
- 1Bake cake according to directions on box making an 8 or 9" layer cake, adding the dry lemon pudding mix and lemon juice.
- 2Cool 10 minutes.
- 3Invert cakes from pans onto rack to cool.
- 4Spread each top (which is actually the flat bottom sides)with blackberry jam while cake is still hot. Use 1/3-1/2 cup per cake.
- 5Let cool completely.
- 6Place one cake onto platter, (jam side up),spread top carefully with frosting over jam.
- 7Top with second cake. (Jam side up.).
- 8Frost top and sides completely, or do a lattice top and decorate, also frosting sides, though.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon Blackberry Cake
Serving Size: 1 (1648 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 4061.7
- Calories from Fat 1335
- Total Fat 148.3 g
- Saturated Fat 23.1 g
- Cholesterol 644.8 mg
- Sodium 4977.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 646.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.1 g
- Sugars 329.2 g
- Protein 42.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: