Flourless Chocolate Cake
This is an outstandingly dense and rich cake. But the best part is how EASY it is to make. From The Gourmet Cookbook.
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 20mins
- 8 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1⁄2 lb unsalted butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder, plus additional for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Butter a 10-inch springform pan, line bottom with a round of parchment or wax paper, and butter paper.
- melt chocolate with butter in a medium metal bowl set over a saucepan of barely simmering water, stirring until smooth.
- Remove bowl from heat and whisk in sugar.
- Add eggs one at a time, whisking well after each addition.
- Sift cocoa powder over chocolate and whisk until just combined.
- Pour batter into pan.
- Bake until top has formed a thin crust and a wooden pick inserted in center of cake comes out with moist crumbs adhering, 35-40 minutes.
- cool cake in pan on a rack for 10 minutes, then remove side of pan.
- invert cake onto a plate and reinvert onto rack to cool completely.
- dust cake with cocoa powder before serving.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION