Sinfully Rich Almost Flourless Chocolate Cake
Great cake recipe- so chocolatey that you will have a chocolate rush straight to your brain. Makes a perfect dessert for entertaining! Recipe by Kevin and Nancy Mills.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 30mins
- 8 ounces bittersweet chocolate (may use semi-sweet)
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons flour, divided
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 4 large eggs
- Melt together the butter and chocolate in a small saucepan over very low heat, stirring to mix.
- Remove from heat when almost melted (do not scorch).
- Preheat your oven to 300F.
- Fill a 9x13-inch roasting pan or casserole halfway with water and place it on the center shelf of the oven.
- Lightly grease the sides and bottom of a 9x5-inch loaf pan, and dust with 1 teaspoon of flour; and cut out a square of waxed paper to fit the bottom of the pan; place paper in the bottom of pan and set aside.
- Place sugar, eggs and remaining 1 teaspoon of flour into the bowl of an electric mixer and beat on high for about 2 minutes.
- Pour in the chocolate, and beat another 15-30 seconds, until it is mixed well.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and set the loaf pan in the center of the casserole dish half-filled with water (in the oven).
- Bake for approximately 75 minutes or until a light crust forms and a toothpick can be removed clean.
- Cool the cake in the loaf pan on a wire rack for approximately 30 minutes, or until it cools down to room temp.
- Cover pan and chill in the refrigerator for 4 hours or until set.
- Serve garnished with powdered sugar or fresh raspberries and store unused portions in the refrigerator.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
The taste was really good, although not as rich as I was expecting. I used the measurements as stated but there was definitely not enough for a 9x13 pan. I ended up using an 8x8 and even that came out much thinner than I desired. Overall though the recipe was good and it definitely cured my chocolate craving (along with my family's). I topped it with vanilla ice cream and warm fudge, which worked really well.Replies 1
I have made this several times and have apparently not rated it until now. I LOVE this recipe. Much easier than most of the flourless chocolate cakes out there. It's too dark for my husband's taste, but I can't get enough of it! I usually top it with homemade whipped cream and it is to die for!Reply
see 6 more