Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
A Greek recipe adapted from Greek Recpes. Enjoy!
- olive oil
- 1⁄3 lb feta cheese
- 1 pinch oregano
- 3 -4 garlic cloves
- 3 ripe tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 cod fish fillets
- lemon wedge
- Preheat oven to 350*F.
- Grease a baking pan with some olive oil and place the fish fillets in it.
- In a bowl chop and crush the tomatoes, lemon juice and add a pinch of oregano, 4 tablespoons olive oil, and 3-4 crushed cloves of garlic. Mix everything together well.
- Pour some of the tomato mixture over each fillet and add some salt and pepper to taste.
- Crumble some feta cheese over each fillet and bake in oven for 30 to 45 minutes.
- Check the fish occasionaly to make sure it does not get overcooked and dry up.
- Serve with lemon wedges. Squeeze them over the fish and enjoy!
Love it as written and also works well with fresh haddock. Flavors meld so well.
Delicious! We were looking for a nice, easy oven-baked cod dish, and this sounded good. Everyone loved it. The only thing we did differently was to omit the oregano just for personal preference. This is definitely going to be one of our favourite ways we cook cod! Thanks! ^_^
I just made this tonight. I did use bread crumbs, not flour. I also used a compound butter I had made (garlic & green onion). It was delicious! Both my husband and I loved it!