Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
A Greek recipe adapted from Greek Recpes. Enjoy!
Make and share this Lemon Baked Cod from Greece! recipe from Food.com.
- olive oil
- 1⁄3 lb feta cheese
- 1 pinch oregano
- 3 -4 garlic cloves
- 3 ripe tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 cod fish fillets
- lemon wedge
- Preheat oven to 350*F.
- Grease a baking pan with some olive oil and place the fish fillets in it.
- In a bowl chop and crush the tomatoes, lemon juice and add a pinch of oregano, 4 tablespoons olive oil, and 3-4 crushed cloves of garlic. Mix everything together well.
- Pour some of the tomato mixture over each fillet and add some salt and pepper to taste.
- Crumble some feta cheese over each fillet and bake in oven for 30 to 45 minutes.
- Check the fish occasionaly to make sure it does not get overcooked and dry up.
- Serve with lemon wedges. Squeeze them over the fish and enjoy!
Love it as written and also works well with fresh haddock. Flavors meld so well.
Delicious! We were looking for a nice, easy oven-baked cod dish, and this sounded good. Everyone loved it. The only thing we did differently was to omit the oregano just for personal preference. This is definitely going to be one of our favourite ways we cook cod! Thanks! ^_^
Made for the Gourmet Goddesses on the 1st dy of ZWT-9, your recipe got my DH's "seal of approval" & that is no easy task. We buy cod in 10 kg packs, so I am always looking for tasty ways to prepare it in the hope boredom will not set in. I was late starting dinner, but managed to make this easily in no time at all & was very pleased w/the outcome. Thx for sharing this recipe w/us. :)