Lemon Baked Cod
Great baked cod recipe.
- Ready In:
- 1 lb cod fish fillet
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1/4 cup margarine, melted
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon white pepper
- If fish fillets are large, cut into serving pieces.
- Mix butter and lemon juice.
- In another bowl, mix flour, salt and white pepper.
- Dip fish into butter mixture; coat fish with flour mixture.
- Place fish in ungreased square baking dish, 8x8x2 inches.
- Pour remaining butter mixture over fish; sprinkle with paprika.
- Cook uncovered in 350 degree oven until fish flakes easily with fork, 25-30 minutes. Garnish with parsley sprigs and lemon slices if desired.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I added adobo seasoning to my flour mixture rather than use white pepper. Also to help add more lemon flavor to the dish I added lemon zest to the butter and baked each fillet with a lemon slice on top. Additionally rather than use paprika I added garlic salt and minced garlic and sprinkled it on the fillets. I've traditionally used dried parsley flakes on my fish dishes as well. It came out great and there were no leftovers.3Reply
see 240 more