1/1 Photo of Lemon and Basil Salmon With Goat's Cheese Sauce
I am under instructions that I should eat fresh salmon twice a week and this recipe from Australian BH&G Diabetic Living really fits the bill,
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 bunch asparagus (woody ends trimmed)
- 2 (150 g) salmon fillets (skinless and boneless)
- 20 g breadcrumbs (1/2 cup fresh made from Italian style bread)
- 1 tablespoon basil (fresh finely shredded)
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest (finely grated)
- 250 g baby potatoes (halved and steamed to serve)
- 1/2 bunch baby carrots (steamed to serve)
- 1/2 lemon (cut into wedges to serve)
- 1Preheat oven to 180C (fan forced).
- 2Divide asparagus into 2 bunches and put in a shallow oven proof dish and place a salmon fillet on top of each bunch.
- 3Goat's Cheese Sauce - heat the oil in a medium non stick frying pan on medium and add leek and garlic and stir,.
- 4Reduce heat to medium low and cook stirring often for 7 to 8 minutes or until leek softens.
- 5Add flour to pan and increase heat of medium and cook stirring for 1 minutes and remove pan from heat.
- 6Stir in the milk and return pan to heat and cook stirring until sauce come to a simmer and thickens.
- 7Remove pan from heat and stir in goat's cheese and lemon juice and season with pepper to taste.
- 8Spread breadcrumbs over a baking tray and bake for 4 to 5 minutes or until light golden and then transfer to a bowl and set aside to cool slightly and then stir in basil and lemon zest.
- 9Spoon sauce of salmon and prinkle breadcrumb mixture over and bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until salmon is cooked to your liking and the breadcrumbs are light golden.
- 10Place asparagus and salmon on plates and accompany with the potatoes, carrots and lemon wedges.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon and Basil Salmon With Goat's Cheese Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (667 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 483.6
- Calories from Fat 110
- Total Fat 12.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 78.4 mg
- Sodium 342.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.2 g
- Sugars 6.9 g
- Protein 46.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: