Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is quick as a wink to make and is good as a light lunch with a crusty loaf of bread or as a side dish to a larger meal.
- 100 g bacon
- 2 large leeks, sliced
- 45 ml oil
- 15 ml vinegar
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 ml cayenne pepper
- Cut bacon into small strips.
- Place bacon and leeks into a glass dish, cover and microwave for 10 minutes on full power stirring twice during cooking.
- Whilst this is cooking, make a vinaigrette by mixing the remaining ingredients and pour over the hot vegetables.
- Leave to cool down before serving warm.
Wow! Thanks for this delicious and quick dish:) My family loved it.
I served this for lunch for 6 people alongside a quiche and it went over amazingly well. I will definitely make this again. Thanks so much!