Prep 1 hr
Cook 20 mins
Divinely scrumptious fresh peach dessert.
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 3 cups chopped fresh peaches
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 3⁄4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip, thawed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- Put the chopped peaches in a bowl, sprinkle sugar over the peaches, let sit for 30 minutes.
- In another bowl, add the flour, brown sugar, and pecans; stir to mix.
- Add in the melted butter; stir to combine.
- Press the mixture onto the bottom of a 13x9 inch baking dish.
- Bake at 350° for 18-20 minutes; set baking dish on a wire rack to cool.
- In another mixing bowl, add the cream cheese and powdered sugar.
- Using an electric mixer, beat at medium speed until texture is fluffy.
- Fold in Cool Whip and almond extract.
- Drain peaches; gently fold peaches into the cream cheese mixture.
- Spoon evenly over crust.
- Cover and let chill for 3-4 hours.
This was very good and easy. Took to a church party and it was a big success. My DH even said it was good. Thanks. Will make again.