1/2 Photos of Lasagna With Mex Appeal
1 hr 5 mins
by Looneyspoons, Janet and Greta Podleski. We had this for dinner tonight and I was impressed. It doesn't taste low-fat at all!I did add canned green chilies for extra heat and flavor, but didn't include it in the list of ingredients, since this isn't my recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 cups green bell peppers, chopped
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomatoes, undrained cut up
- 1 cup salsa (your choice of heat)
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 12 (6 inch) corn tortillas or 8 (7 inch) flour tortillas
- 1 1/2 cups reduced-fat monterey jack cheese (6 oz.)
- 2 small fresh tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup green onions or 1/3 cup scallion, chopped
- low-fat sour cream (optional)
- 1Spray a large saucepan with non-stick spray.
- 2Add onions, garlic, and green pepper. Cook and stir over medium heat until vegetables are softened, about 5 minutes.
- 3Add tomatoes, salsa, and cumin. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer, uncovered for 10 minutes.
- 4Stir in black beans and kidney beans. Remove from heat.
- 5Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 6Spray a 13X9 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- 7Spread 1/3 of the bean mixture over the bottom. Cover with half the tortillas (0verlapping as needed), and half the cheese.
- 8Spoon another 1/3 of bean mixture on top of cheese, followed by remaining tortillas, and last of the bean mixture. Sprinkle remaining cheese on top.
- 9Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes.
- 10Let cool for 10 minutes before serving. Garnish with tomato slices and green onions. If desired serve with dollop of sour cream on top.
Browse Our Top Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lasagna With Mex Appeal
Serving Size: 1 (407 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 290.9
- Calories from Fat 31
- Total Fat 3.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 4.4 mg
- Sodium 351.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.7 g
- Sugars 7.3 g
- Protein 17.6 g