1/1 Photo of Lamb Chops With Vegetable Gravy
1 hr 25 mins
This is a GH recipe that is a unique way to have lamb. I have also done this with bone-in pork chops. It's very simple and goes well with rice or potato. The gravy is delicious and a great way to sneak veggies into your kids!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 shoulder lamb chops, 3/4 " thick (I've used loin lamb chops too)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper (to taste)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1/4 cup canola oil or 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 cup carrot, chopped
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup celery, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- 2 tomatoes, peeled, seeded and diced
- 1 beef bouillon cube
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1Sprinkle chops with salt & pepper and dredge in flour.
- 2In a 12" skillet over med-high heat add oil and brown chops a few at a time until browned on both sides. Remove to a warm platter.
- 3Now in drippings cook carrot, onion, celery, and garlic 5 minutes
- 4Add wine , tomatoes, boullion, bay, thyme, and allspice.
- 5Add chops.
- 6Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and simmer 50 minutes or until chops are tender, turning once.
- 7Remove bay leaf and any bones that are loose.
- 8Remove chops to serving platter.
- 9Pour veggie mixture into the blender, skim fat, blend until smooth ( the kids will never know!) Return to pan and give a quick boil to thicken. An immersion blender works well here.
Browse Our Top Lamb/Sheep Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lamb/Sheep Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lamb Chops With Vegetable Gravy
Serving Size: 1 (118 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 135.5
- Calories from Fat 84
- Total Fat 9.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 415.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 1.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
shoulder lamb chops