1/2 Photos of Kittencal's Parmesan Orzo
This makes a great side dish with chicken or fish, the dried chili flakes are only optional I like to add in for a little heat you may omit if desired, use a good quality chicken broth for this, make certain to saute the orzo until just lightly browned it really improves the flavor of this dish! ;)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 -4 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 -2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (or to taste)
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked orzo pasta
- 2 -3 tablespoons fresh minced garlic
- 3 cups canned chicken broth
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 -2 teaspoon coarse black pepper (or to taste)
- seasoning salt (to taste) or white salt (to taste)
- parmesan cheese
- 1Melt butter in a medium heavy saucepan over medium heat, add in onion, thyme and red pepper flakes (if using) saute for about 3 minutes.
- 2Add in orzo and cook stirring with a wooden spoon until orzo is slightly browned (about 3-4 minutes).
- 3Add in garlic and cook for 2 minutes.
- 4Slowly add in the chicken broth; bring to a boil, reduce heat to low.
- 5Cover and simmer until the orzo is tender and the liquid is absorbed (about 20 minutes).
- 6Mix in the Parmesan cheese, salt and black pepper.
- 7Transfer to a serving bowl and sprinkle with more Parmesan cheese if desired.
Browse Our Top Eggs/Dairy Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Eggs/Dairy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kittencal's Parmesan Orzo
Serving Size: 1 (309 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 442.5
- Calories from Fat 137
- Total Fat 15.2 g
- Saturated Fat 8.4 g
- Cholesterol 35.7 mg
- Sodium 1446.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 22.1 g