Creamy Garlic-Parmesan Orzo
The garlic may be adjusted to taste, we love garlic so I use 2 heaping tablespoons, I have left the chili flakes as optional add in for some heat if desired, cooking time does not include cooking the orzo.
- Ready In:
- 2 cups uncooked dry orzo pasta
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh minced garlic (you may adjust to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional or adjust to suit heat level)
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 - 1⁄3 cup light cream (such as half and half or 18% table cream)
- 2 -3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- fresh ground black pepper (to taste)
- Cook the orzo according to the package directions; drain well.
- In a large skillet melt the butter over medium heat; add in the onion and saute until just softened (about 3-4 minutes).
- Add in fresh garlic and chili flakes the last 2 minutes of cooking.
- Reduce the heat to low and add in the cooked orzo, Parmesan cheese, milk or cream, parsley and salt; toss to heat through.
- Season with fresh ground black pepper to taste.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
see 20 more