You won't see this anywhere, I developed this dip! Serve this at your next get together and your guests will never want to leave after they get a taste of this! Although you can serve this chilled it is much better at almost room temperature. You can prepare the ground beef mixture up to 2 days in advance and just warm in the microwave before using in the recipe. I use my guacamole Really Easy and Good Creamy Guacamole and my Kittencal's Taco Seasoning Mix to flavor the sour cream and the ground beef, or you can use store-bought or your own favorite recipe! We like extreme spice so I add in 2 jalapeno peppers and also dried chili flakes, if you are serving this to a crowd of people you can reduce or omit the spices completely, also you can adjust all the ingredients to taste. Servings is only estimated, if you are serving a huge crowd then I advise to make two dishes of this dip!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
- 4 cups cups shredded Mexican blend cheese, divided (can use more to taste)
- 2 1/2 cups sour cream (can use more)
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning (start with 1 tablespoon and add in more to taste)
- 1 cup prepared guacamole (or to taste)
- 1 -2 cup prepared salsa
- 1 cup sliced black olives (or to taste)
- 1 -2 plum tomato, chopped
- 2 -3 green onions, finely chopped
GROUND BEEF MIXTURE
- 1 1/2 lbs lean ground beef (or use a mixture of ground beef with Italian sausage meat, casings removed)
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 -2 tablespoon minced fresh minced garlic (to taste) (optional)
- 1 -2 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped (optional)
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning mix (I use Kittencal's Taco Seasoning Mix)
- salt and black pepper
- 1Prepare a 13 x 9-inch glass dish (or use a similar serving dish).
- 2In a skillet brown the ground beef with onion, garlic and jalapeno peppers (if using) until browned; drain fat then add in the taco seasoning; cook stirring for 1 minute or a little more, season with salt and pepper to taste; set mixture aside to cool slightly.
- 3In a bowl mix together the sour cream with taco seasoning (start with 1 tablespoon adding in more to taste).
- 4Spread the refried beans in the bottom of the baking dish.
- 5Sprinkle about 2 cups Mexi-blend shredded cheese on top of the beans.
- 6Sprinkle the warm cooked ground beef mixture evenly on top of the cheese.
- 7Spread the sour cream over the ground beef.
- 8Dollop or spread the guacamole carefully over the sour cream.
- 9Pour the salsa over the guacamole and then spread out as best you can using a spoon.
- 10Sprinkle with remaining 2 cups shredded cheese (can use more).
- 11Top with sliced or chopped black olives.
- 12This can be served immediately or chill it for up to 24 hours (it is better served right away!).
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kittencal's Mexi Ground Beef Guacamole Seven-Layer Dip
Serving Size: 1 (238 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 509.8
- Calories from Fat 330
- Total Fat 36.7 g
- Saturated Fat 20.7 g
- Cholesterol 128.6 mg
- Sodium 1081.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 29.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: