Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
All amounts may be adjusted to taste, the dressing amounts will yield just slightly over 1 cup and I strongly suggest to make the dressing in advance even better 24 hours ahead --- serve the salad with crusty bread on the side --- the dressing from my Kittencal's Famous Greek Salad also works well with this salad
- 1 cup olive oil (can use 1/2 cup each olive oil and vegetable oil)
- 2 -3 teaspoons fresh minced garlic
- 3 teaspoons dried oregano
- 3 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt (or use 1/2 teaspoon white salt)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 -2 teaspoon sugar
- fresh ground black pepper (to taste)
- 2 large plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1 small cucumber, coarsley chopped
- 1 small green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 small red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1⁄2 red onion, sliced (or use 1 green onion, chopped)
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup kalamata olive (or similar marinated olives)
- Greek salad dressing (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper (or to taste)
- salt (to taste)
- For the dressing in a bowl combine all ingredients.
- Cover and chill until ready to use.
- In a large bowl combine tomatoes, cucumber, bell peppers, feta cheese, onion and black olives.
- At this point you may chill, before serving add in salad dressing, then season with black pepper and salt.
This salad was delightful. Kittencal you always, always have great recipes. Thanks for making my dinner extra special.
This salad dressing is really fresh. I have used it on a bunch of different salads (not just greek). I served it for company and everyone loved it! Thanks!
Joyce in Mahwah, NJ This was fantastic. Just the thing for a hot summer lunch. I added some shrimp and a bit more vinegar.This will be my one and only Greek-Style Dressing.