This is a great marinade for steak or chicken fajitas. I make them a lot in the summer. When ever i make these my daughter is sure to be home for dinner and always has a few of her friends over.
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup lime juice
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon curry powder (optional)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 tablespoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cilantro
- 1 -2 teaspoon liquid smoke (optional)
- 1 large red onion, quartered
- 2 red peppers, quartered
- 2 green peppers, quartered
- 4 large portabella mushrooms, gills scraped off
- cherry tomatoes (optional)
- 2 lbs skirt steaks, chicken breast (deboned)
- flour tortilla
- shredded cheddar cheese
- shredded lettuce, any other toppings you like
- Marinade the steak, red onoin, peppers, and mushrooms, without the lime juice.
- Add the lime juice about 30 minutes before grilling.
- Grill; slice them up and serve on flour tortillas with your favorite toppings.