Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a great marinade for steak or chicken fajitas. I make them a lot in the summer. When ever i make these my daughter is sure to be home for dinner and always has a few of her friends over.
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup lime juice
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon curry powder (optional)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 tablespoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cilantro
- 1 -2 teaspoon liquid smoke (optional)
- 1 large red onion, quartered
- 2 red peppers, quartered
- 2 green peppers, quartered
- 4 large portabella mushrooms, gills scraped off
- cherry tomatoes (optional)
- 2 lbs skirt steaks, chicken breast (deboned)
- flour tortilla
- shredded cheddar cheese
- shredded lettuce, any other toppings you like
- Marinade the steak, red onoin, peppers, and mushrooms, without the lime juice.
- Add the lime juice about 30 minutes before grilling.
- Grill; slice them up and serve on flour tortillas with your favorite toppings.
AMAZING!!! Im totally in love w/the amazing flavors this has.All I have to say is you must try this.I used 2 tbsp smoked salt as I dont have liquid smoke.That and another reviewer said it needed more salt-that was a good move as it was perfect.I did totally forget to add the lime juice but the olive oil I used was lime flavored so I still had a nice lime flavor.I let the marinade sit for 24 hrs...amazing!! I made it a second time and made twice as much so I could have it for a salad.You wont regret trying this!! Thanks sooo much for posting!
DH and I have made this recipe 3 times now, and each time it has been fabulous. Last night, we had my parents over for a NYE dinner party. They are still raving about it. We left out the optional ingredients (tomatoes, curry powder, and liquid smoke) and used baby bellas instead of portabellas, and it was still fabulous! We made both steak and chicken and doubled the marinade. I will never use another recipe to make fajitas (and it made so much leftovers that I've been working on creating a fajita soup to place them in).
This needs more than 5 stars! The only seasoning I left out of the marinade is the curry powder, because we really don't care for it. I grilled the portabellos with red and white onions and cherry tomatoes. I also grilled some limes for presentation. These fajitas were the best homemade I have ever had!! Thanks!!