My Very Best Steak or Chicken Fajitas
photo by KPD123
- Ready In:
- 3hrs 5mins
- 1 1⁄2 lbs flank steaks or 1 1/2 lbs chicken breasts
- 5 teaspoons mccormicks fajita seasoning mix (in the packet)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup vinegar (red wine vinegar for beef fajitas or white wine vinegar for chicken fajitas)
- 1 seeded chopped habanero pepper
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon of mccormicks spicy McCormick's Montreal Brand steak seasoning, for beef fajitas (found in the seasoning section at the grocery store) or 1 teaspoon Montreal roasted garlic chicken seasoning, for chicken fajitas (found in the seasoning section at the grocery store)
The Peppers and Onions
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 large yellow sweet onion
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- cheese (optional)
- sour cream (optional)
- guacamole (optional)
- salsa (optional)
- tomatoes (optional)
- Mix all marinade ingredients and pour over the meat (you can put it all in a large zip-lock).
- Marinate atleast two hours or overnight.
- Grill meat until cooked through.
- Slice meat into strips.
- Heat the 1/4 cup of olive oil in a saute pan on the stove and begin sauteeing the onions over medium heat.
- Cook until soft.
- Add the peppers and continue to cook until peppers are soft and onions are beginning to brown and crisp.
- Serve on Flour Tortillas, add meat then peppers& onions& any of the optional toppings.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
we looooved the flavor of these!! i used 2 lbs. of steak, so i went ahead and used the whole mccormicks fajita packet and added a bit more montreal steak seasoning. i used 2 serrano peppers instead of the habanero. i also used the red wine vinegar as suggested. i kept everything else the same and marinated overnight. for the veggies, i used red, yellow, and orange bell peppers, and red onions. i had another fajita packet (this one was lawry's) that i added after i added and sauteed the veggies with the meat. this was so flavorful and yummy!! we served with guacamole, salsa, cheese, pico de galo, spanish rice, and refried beans. fantatic!! this is my new go-to fajita recipe! the leftovers were even fantastic- i made a little fajita rice bowl....mmmm!! and dh made breakfast tacos with potatoes and eggs!! thanks so much for sharing, this is a definite keeper!!