Crock Pot Steak Fajitas
- Ready In:
- 3hrs 15mins
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless sirloin, cut into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 -2 garlic clove, minced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 6 -8 flour tortillas
- shredded cheddar cheese (optional)
- salsa (optional)
- guacamole (optional)
- sour cream (optional)
- shredded lettuce (optional)
- chopped tomato (optional)
- chopped onion (optional)
- Brown the steak in oil.
- Place the steak and drippings into the crock pot.
- Add lemon juice, garlic, cumin, salt, and chili powder.
- Mix well.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 2 1/2 to 3 hours, or until meat is tender.
- Add green pepper and onion; cover and cook for 1 hour more.
- Warm the tortillas.
- Spoon beef and veggies down the center of the tortillas.
- Top each with cheese, salsa, sour cream, lettuce, and tomatoes if desired.
- Fold in the sides of the tortillas and serve immediately.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Very glad this popped up on top of the search. Doing just as the recipe said, it came out delicious, even my four year old lapped it up. I will say that I got sticker shock at buying london broil (so-called in my market). But it did turn out to be easy to cut into the required strips. All in all, a welcome change from all the stews I've been doing up to now.Reply
I thought this was quite awful and so did my husband. My perfectly good steak turned to mush and the combination tasted like a strange stew. I would rather just fry the steak and have it taste like steak. I thought this would be a time saver. In the end, I threw everything out, along with the recipe.Reply
see 33 more