Skirt Steak Fajitas
photo by Air Force Mama
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 4 tablespoons lime juice
- 4 tablespoons oil
- 1⁄2 cup cilantro, roughly chopped, do not pack down
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 -4 lbs skirt steaks
- julio's seasoning (or any fajita seasoning, such as adobo seasoning)
- In a blender, add the orange juice, lime juice, oil, cilantro, cumin and salt. Puree the marinade until smooth.
- Cut the steak small enough to handle on the grill. Place the skirt steak in a large ziploc bag.
- Pour the marinade in the ziploc bag with the skirt steak and seal the bag.
- Shake bag to ensure the marinade is evenly distributed.
- Marinade from a few hours or overnight in the refrigerator.
- Lightly oil the hot grill (can use outdoor or indoor grill).
- Remove the steak from the ziploc bag and drain off the marinade. Sprinkle the Julio's seasoning (or any fajita seasoning) to both sides of the steak.
- Grill streak for approximately 4 minutes each side, more or less depending on your temperature preference.
- Remove steak from grill and let rest for about 10 - 15 minutes.
- Thinly slice the steak against the grain on a 45 degree diagonal.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!