Crock Pot Chicken Fajitas
photo by DeliciousAsItLooks
- Ready In:
- 6hrs 15mins
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1 sweet vidalia onion, cut into thin wedges and separated
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 -2 garlic cloves, minced or 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 green bell pepper, thinly sliced (optional)
- 6 -8 flour tortillas, warmed
- shredded cheddar cheese (optional)
- salsa (optional)
- sour cream (optional)
- shredded lettuce (optional)
- Place chicken and onions (and peppers, if using) in crockpot. Sprinkle spices over all. Add the lime juice and stir well.
- Cook on low for 4-6 hours. If you start with frozen chicken breast, you might need to cook for longer than 6 hours.
- Serve in warm tortillas with your favorite fajita toppings.
OH MY GOODNESS! I didn't put the onion or green pepper in the crock pot with the chicken, I saute'd them crisp tender right before serving...but the chicken...about 3 1/2 hours into the cooking..it was falling apart and it tasted amazing! I had a hard time staying out of it until dinner! I didn't cut up the chicken either, I just used chicken breast tenderloins and threw them in the crock pot. Did I mention that the chicken tasted amazing? Great recipe! Thank You!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
With the changes to the email notifications and removal of private messaging, I am no longer able to respond to questions about my recipes. Yet another feature change that has made the website less user friendly. It's sad to watch a fantastic site deteriorate over the years. Some of my recipes are on my blog.