Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a recipe from the Kikkoman's Kitchen that I have been wanting to try for awhile. I didn't have the Ponzu Lime Sauce for the remoulade so I improvised and made my own with soy sauce, rice vinegar, water, sugar, and True Lime (dried lime crystals). We added sliced tomatoes and passed the bottle of tabasco around the table. These spicy and crunchy shrimp sandwiches were a huge hit.
- vegetable oil, for deep-frying
- 4 French rolls, split and hinged
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons creole seasoning
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 lbs jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 cups panko breadcrumbs
- 2 cups lettuce, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon horseradish
- 1 teaspoon pickle relish
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons kikkoman ponzu sauce, lime flavored
- 1. Combine butter and garlic, spread on rolls and toast in the oven until brown. Heat oil in a 2 quart saucepan until 360 degrees. Mix creole seasoning and flour. Dredge shrimp in flour then egg; roll in panko. Fry shrimp in batches until golden brown. Spread remoulade sauce on all 4 rolls. Top with shrimp, followed by shredded lettuce.
- 2. Remoulade sauce: Mix mayo, horseradish, pickle relish, minced garlic, cayenne pepper, and ponzu in a bowl.