Fried Green Tomato Po'boys
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
I love these bad boys...I'm mean po'boys.
- Ready In:
- 2 cups self-rising flour (make sure it's self-rising)
- 3 tablespoons cajun seasoning
- 2 cups canola oil
- 3 large green tomatoes, cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 9 slices bacon, cooked
- 3 French baguettes
- 6 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 ripe avocado, sliced
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded iceberg lettuce
- hot sauce (optional)
- Combine flour and Cajun seasoning in a shallow dish.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat to. Dip tomato slices in buttermilk then dredge in flour mixture. Fry tomatoes, in batches, 2 minutes on each side or until golden. Drain on a wire rack over paper towels; set aside.
- Split baguettes and arrange with split sides up on a baking sheet. Broil 5 inches from heat 2 minutes or until lightly toasted; remove from oven.
- Spread cut sides of rolls with mayonnaise; place fried green tomatoes on bottom roll halves. Top evenly with bacon, avocado and lettuce; sprinkle with hot sauce, if desired. Top with remaining baguette halves and serve immediately.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION