Amazing Shrimp Po'boys
- Ready In:
- 1 bunch green onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 1 tablespoon creole mustard
- 2 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 1⁄2 cups cabbage and carrot coleslaw mix
- 1 1⁄4 lbs large shrimp
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons yellow cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- submarine sandwich bread
- Preheat oven to 450.
- Combine first 6 ingredients. Pour over slaw; toss to coat. Set aside.
- Peel and devein shrimp. Combine shrimp and garlic in a large zip-top bag; shake to coat.
- Combine cornmeal and next 3 ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Add to shrimp - shake until well coated.
- Coat a jelly-roll pan evenly with oil; place in oven for 3 minutes or until very hot.
- Arrange shrimp on pan in a single layer. Bake at 450 for 3 minutes; turn an dbake an additiona 1 minute or until golden.
- Remove shrimp from pan.
- Spoon slaw mixture evenly over the bottom halvs of rolls; top each with shrimp; cover with top halves of rolls.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Delish! I had a bag of coleslaw mix that needed to get used, so I did a search and this recipe sounded interesting and different than anything I've made before . The only change was to use yellow mustard as I don't have creole and was out of brown. I love the bite of the vinegar in the coleslaw. I served it on french bread. I used all the bread for dinner, but the filling is still delicious on its own for lunch!