Kikkoman's Shrimp Po'Boys
photo by Chef Petunia
- Ready In:
- vegetable oil, for deep-frying
- 4 French rolls, split and hinged
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons creole seasoning
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 lbs jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 cups panko breadcrumbs
- 2 cups lettuce, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon horseradish
- 1 teaspoon pickle relish
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons kikkoman ponzu sauce, lime flavored
- 1. Combine butter and garlic, spread on rolls and toast in the oven until brown. Heat oil in a 2 quart saucepan until 360 degrees. Mix creole seasoning and flour. Dredge shrimp in flour then egg; roll in panko. Fry shrimp in batches until golden brown. Spread remoulade sauce on all 4 rolls. Top with shrimp, followed by shredded lettuce.
- 2. Remoulade sauce: Mix mayo, horseradish, pickle relish, minced garlic, cayenne pepper, and ponzu in a bowl.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I love food and I love to cook. I enjoy trying new and different foods and ingredients, enjoy traveling, festivals that gear toward food or drink, camping and being with family & friends. I am a serious cookbook and recipe collector, love my felines and try to balance my life to live to it's fullest.