Ww Hunan Shrimp - 5 Points
- Ready In:
- 1 lb medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon black bean sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili-garlic sauce
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 tablespoons minced peeled fresh ginger
- 1 onion, cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and cut into thin strips
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and cut into thin strips
- 1⁄2 lb asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- Comine the shrimp with 1 tbl of the cornstarch in a medium bowl; toss well to coat and set aside.
- Combine the broth, soy sauce, black bean sauce, chili-garlic sauce and the remaining 2 tsps cornstarch in a small bowl; set aside.
- Heat a nonstick wok or a large, deep skillet over medium-high heat until a drop of water sizzles.
- Swirl in 2 tsps of the oil, then add the shrimp.
- Stir-fry until just opaque in the center, about 3 minutes; transfer to a plate.
- Swirl in the remaining 1 tsp oil, then add the ginger and onion.
- Stir-fry until fragrant, about 1 miunte.
- Add the bell peppers and asparagus; stir-fry until crisp-tender, about 2 miunutes.
- Add the shrimp and broth mixture.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until the mixture boils and thickens, about 1 minute.
- Serve over rice.
Join The Conversation
This was very easy to make up. I used orange peppers, broccoli and mushrooms (which was all I had on hand) My DH loved this, but I found that 1T of chili garlic sauce was a bit much. I will add garlic next time, to round out the flavors better. By WW calculations, this recipe turned out to be 8 points rather than 5...also, we had enough for 5 servings. I would do this one again! Thanks for posting!!
I thought this was just fantastic!! The asparagus in the store was pretty pathetic looking so I substituted brocolli. Other than that I followed exactly! Very flavorful and was easy enough to make for a week night dinner. I used 1 tablespoon of chili-garlic paste and we did add a dab more at the table and mixed it in. Perfect amount of heat for us! Thanks for a wonderful supper!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>? Hi! My name is Teresa.? My husband and I like to take RV trips but it seems lately we just us it for vintage motorcross races. I enjoy hiking, snowshoeing, have done some rock climbing but age is creeping up on my poor old bones. Anything to do with the outdoors I enjoy, so why do I live in rainy Washington state? We have 2 wonderful children, both grown. My son lives in LA and my daughter and her husband recently moved back in the area with their little boy...our grandson... who just turned?5 years old. We have a granddaughter who lives close by...she just turned 23 this year. She's a sweetheart.? Life is good when you have a son and a?daughter and they?gift?you with a granddaughter and grandson. :)??</p>